Re: Debian-Alpha port ideas...please read (long)

On 31 Oct 1997, James Troup wrote:

> My mistake.  And ldconfig?  Oh, there it is in a source-less package...

>From what I can tell, ldconfig was derived from ld.so, but since most of
the ld.so source tree bombs on the Alpha (citing "no support" and lacking
assembly routines that are needed).

On an interesting note, the stuff that fails to compile in the ld.so
package is also stuff that has no docs at all (elf-ok, lddstub, and a few
others), so it's tough to tell what they do.  Admittedly, my assembly
knowledge is pretty bad these days (plus, I can't find my architecture
manual right now), so if someone wants to look and see just what those
things do OR maybe just split off a separate ldconfig package.... :)

Chris