Re: Debian-Alpha port ideas...please read (long)

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:
> I agree with your observation regarding this.  What does everyone think of
> this?  I also think that if we make a decision like dropping the "g"s that
> we may want to at least mention this on debian-policy.

Given that Debian as a whole wants to have a single source
tree, it would be best to discuss it with the policy
setters, yes. I'm not up-to-date on the what-and-why of the
g libraries, but even if it means more work for the Alpha
team, we shouldn't deviate from normal Debian practice.

BTW, are the Alpha packages on master compiled from the
respective source packages, or have the sources been
patched? If our Alpha stays up (been up for almost a day
now, although mostly idle), I'd like to experiment with
setting up a mirror-sources-and-compile-with-fakeroot system
on it, but that fails if the packages don't compile.