Debian on Miata and other matters

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> Last I checked, Nikita lacked a Miata kernel.  I could probably generate
> one in a matter of hours, but I would need to know what the "standard"
> driver set is that I should include first.  On a slightly off-topic note,
> should we make a FAQ on the Alphas regarding hardware and boot procedures?
> I find the Redhat-based FAQs to be lacking so far...

Yes, we should. Most of us have access to UDB's of various types, but the
other machines seem to be sorely lacking. I am hoping for a Deskstation
clone to land in my lap fairly soon (in which case, I will open it for
access) which, I suspect, is an Alcor based machine with AlphaBIOS or
ARCBIOS (what _IS_ ARCBIOS? ARC?).

My nano-HOWTO for Alphas is severly limited - I have a UDB under SRM but
not the monitor to see it running. I can run ARC on the UDB, but it makes
me cringe. However, I will try to incorporate ARC into the nano-HOWTO,
time allowing.

Chris, what is the status of dselect on Alpha? Is it trustworthy?

---MAV

Type Bits/KeyID    Date       User ID
pub  1024/2971208D 1997/09/11 Marc A. Volovic <marc@bard.org.il>