Re: Bad stuff going down

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Brandon Peterson wrote:

> Maybe you should set your cpu back to it's designed speed, 166mhz, and see
> if the problem persists. I have a sneaky suspician that it is related to
> overclocking your cpu.

This very well could be also.  I've heard good results from the 233->266
MHz overclocking, but strange results from the 166->whatever overclocking.
This is mostly due to heat since the Alphas tend to run pretty hot and,
obviously, circuits with that level of integration aren't really happy
when they're sweating :P

I would try the RAM and SCSI things I mentioned to you first, though.
Then, if they don't work, downclock again and see what happens from
there...I guess I glazed over the fact that you overclocked at first since
it never occurred to me...

Chris