Re: Good news re: man-db

Christopher C Chimelis <chris@beezer.med.miami.edu> writes:

> In fact, I think we'll really start seeing problems with the bug
> tracking system once multiple architectures are introduced, despite
> what everyone else seems to think.

Yes, I think we will too, unfortunately I haven't seen a good solution
to the problem yet. (Arch-specific per package maintainers is not one)

> For the list participants' info, I just added my ramblings to a
> discussion on PAM and the 2.0 release.  Since the participants of
> the original conversation seem to have been x86-centric, I figured
> I'd notify them of the problems that we've had with PAM so far
> (namely, that it doesn't work) and mention that the PPC and/or
> Sparcs may have the same problem.

Which of course caused people to lump m68k in the same boat and claim
pam doesn't work on "non-ix86" architectures, *sigh*.

(Note: I'm not blaming you, in case it appeared that way)

--
James