Re: glibc_2.0.5c-0.1 uploaded to beezer

On Mon, 6 Oct 1997, Nikita Schmidt wrote:

> I was a little bit worried to upload glibc-2.0.5c packages to master
> until they have been well tested.  So at the moment they reside on
> beezer in /pub/chris/incoming.  The new library seems to work fine
> for me.  Unfortunately, egcs could not compile it properly (egcs-built
> glibc-2.0.5c breaks `test' builtin in bash), so I had to resort to gcc.

All of the new versions have been moved to their appropriate spots on
beezer.  I have also regenerated the Packages file with the changes.  Has
anyone checked out how well dselect works using my site yet?

> Now I'm going to see if this new glibc version can solve my egcs/libg++
> problems which prevent the menu package from being built.

Well, it may or may not.  According to messages on debian-devel, menu is
further broken by the new glibc version for various reasons.  Also, the
libg++ may be broken as well.  I don't know if it just may require
recompilation or if it's broken and needs patching.  Most likely, the
former is probably the case.  Either way, you may want to check that list
or the archives regarding this....

Chris