Re: Urgent: where to find things?

On Saturday, 20 Sep, Nikhil Nair wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'll need to do a Debian installation on a 366MHz 21164 this week.  I've
> got thee MILO HOWTO, but could do with a few pointers:
>
> I know that some packages, rather than being on Master, are on various
> other sites - Pasi's, Nikita's, Chris's and Mike's, IIRC - but I could do
> with some basic guidance as to what to get from where ...

All my packages reside on Chris' beezer.med.miami.edu, probably Mike's
ones are there as well.

> In particular, where are Debian/Alpha installation instructions?  I'd
> rather install without going via RedHat, if that's possible.

I hope it is possible to use Pasi's disk set.

> I saw a recent discussion about kernels - some patches we don't neeed
> because we're using glibc2 rather than glibc1.  Has someone (Nikita?) put
> together Debian-specific kernel images, to be used in place of those on
> gatekeeper?  If so, do I need a custom MILO too?

I only have a set of patches I have proposed to use.  No binary kernel
images have been built yet using those patches (except for AS255, which I
use myself).  Pasi has compiled a lot of kernel images, untested though.
Custom MILO is not needed.  Be aware that most, if not all, MILOs are
unable to read kernel images from partitions larger than 2 Gb.

	Nikita