Expected progress?

Hi,

I'm going to be buying a machine of some description in October, and am
toying with the idea of making it an Alpha (the alternative is a Pentium).
Whatever I get, I'd like to run dEbian on it, so I was wondering how you
guys expect the Debian Alpha port to develop in the next few months, and
in particular how stable it's likely to be by then.  I appreciate it's
probably not an easy one to call, but appreciate hearing the thoughts of
those at the cutting edge ...

Thanks,

Nikhil.

--