Re: Status of Debian for Alphas

brannon@bufo.usc.edu (Terrence M. Brannon) writes:
> Could someone clue me in to the status of Debian for the ALPHA platform?

If you duplicated the HD in my UDB, you'd have a Debian/Alpha system
that runs X, ppp, emacs, etc---not every package has been recompiled,
but most of them are fairly trivial.

Unfortunately, duplicating my hard drive is the only simple way to get
to that state.  There are no formal installation disks, and the
bootstrapping method that currently exists is sub-optimal.

It is, now that I've got ppp working, moving again.

Mike.