Re: bash/libreadline, syslog, libg++

On Wednesday, 29 Oct, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> That's oddball.  I'll recompile fakeroot in a few minutes and fix that
> dependency problem.  As for libg++, I've been trying to get the patches
> for compilation for awhile now.  As soon as I get those, I'll fix that as
> well.  Sad thing is, I don't know who compiled some of this stuff or how
> they did it...

I don't recollect having to apply any patches to build libg++, except
for a small gcc patch to work around -fhandle-exceptions problem.  Did
you try checking out the main bug tracking system?  If I had made any
patches, I would have sent them there.

One issue about libg++ is that it must be compiled with -fvtable-thunks
to be compatible with glibc-2.0.5c.  libg++272_2.7.2.5-2 was not compiled
this way.

If it is felt that libg++ should be rebuilt, the -fhandle-exception
workaround can be found on genie.ucd.ie in /pub/alpha:
	gcc-retaddrrtx.diff - the gcc patch,
	gcc-2.7.2.2.bin.tar.gz - gcc binary (the essential bit is cc1),
and there is also a .deb package made from that .tar.gz archive:
/pub/alpha/debian/gcc_2.7.2.2-custom.1.deb (no, it's not built from
source with debian/rules binary).

Cheers,

	Nikita