Re: Bad stuff going down

hrm... i think that will be my next step...
its funny though... actually my setup runs very very cool
i can touch the cpu heatsink and keep my hand there without
any pain what so ever, i have two case fans, one sucks in
the other blows out... but aside from that first i think i
will grab a stock redhat 4.2 kernel and try X with that and
see what results i get, btw i did get milo to compile and i am
using a nice fresh milo, but to make this little experiment
complete i will use a milo that comes with rh4.2...

now if rh's kernel/milo combo work then i can assume that
the problems lies in my skill or lack thereof in building
a simple kernel ;)

otherwise if i get similar results with the rh kernel/milo
combo i suppose i then have to somehow test my hardware :(
seeing as how i have no other box that is suitable to try the
ram in this will be interesting ;)  btw my srm is strange...
most things in it that work for others, like echo, man, help,
memory, dont work in mine, any ideas?  the board originally
came with arc flashed in there...

well i guess its time to go grab a rh kernel milo...
and fail that, downclock and try the rh/milo combo again

thanks for all the help guys
nick