Re: Eradicating packages depending on old libs...

Traffic from Gregory P. Smith:
> I would prefer that sudo not get linked dynamically incase you need to
> use it to fix shared libraries and for security reasons..

Setuid executables should not, as a general rule, be dynamically linked.

Neither should things like tripwire be dynamically linked.

(I build my own tripwire since Debian's always comes dynamic, even for
 i386.  That and I prefer to know I trust the binary.)

--
David Hankins,             "If you don't do it right the first time,
Mercenary				    you'll just have to do it again."