gcc, cc1 errors

Hi,

I have installed parts of the debian alpha system, and it is
running. I am still tough mostly using RedHat. Anyway I downloaded
the source package of pgp-2.6.3 and I am attempring of compiling it.
I have gcc debian package version 2.7.2.1-9. Always when compiling the
second file in the package, crypto.c the compiler crashes with the
error:
cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6

Is this a known problem? I am running kernel 2.0.27 custom compiled
under Redhat. I start the compilation with
dpkg-buildpackage -us -b -aalpha

Or perhaps somebody allready has a compiled pgp debian package for
alpha? 8-)

Thanks,

K.D.