Re: clock goes 40% faster on SX164

On Thu, Jul 22, 1999 at 09:32:07PM +0100, Nikita Schmidt wrote:
> On Thursday, 22 Jul, Bart Warmerdam wrote:
> >
> > I noticed this to recently... So I guess it's software related, maybe milo
> > (the most notable change to my system recently).
>
> Quite likely so; SX164 was reported to lie about cycle frequency.  This was
> fixed in milo-2.0.35-c5.2 (2 March 1999).
>
> The 2.2.x kernels can work around this problem even with old MILOs.

Strange... I use 2.2.5 from the time it came out. Used mile version jan/feb
this year. I noticed with this combo no problems. One or maybe two weeks ago I
downloaded a newer version from your ftp site. So if it's milo related, I
wonder what version I downloaded and what triggers my clock-speedup...

Puzzled

B.

NB: In the meantime I backed out to the jan/feb milo. I'll check my clock this
weekend.