NFS-root install on Multia ??

Hello,

After having used my Multia the past few years using RedHat on it's tiny
disk, I would like to use it as a diskless X server running Slink, with
it's root filesystem nfs-mounted from an i386, also runnign Slink.
I still have a few questions on this setup.

- Although most of my installation experience is with Debian i386, I
don't think it's possible to use the Debian installer on a system
without a harddisk, but I am not sure.
If I really have to, I could temporarily install a disk, but I want to
avoid that if possible.

- Am I right that the only way to boot this system is to use srm and a
special version of aboot (make netboot) ??

- Because both systems are Debian systems, it may be possible to merge
certain architecture independent trees (like /usr/doc), but doesn't that
break the Debian package system (what if I dpkg -r a package on one
system, but want to keep it on the other ??)

Tot ziens,

Bart-Jan Vrielink