Re: Installing Linux for Alpha

Paul Slootman writes:
 > On Thu 28 Jan 1999, Ralf Bohland wrote:
 >
 > > Here I have to select a subdirectory according to the hardware of the alpha. The machine is a DIGITAL Alpha XL 300.
 >
 > I also have an XL300 (sometimes referred to as XLT, as it's different to
 > the XL266 for example, which only has a 64-bit memory bus while the
 > XL300 has a 128-bit memory bus). Use the Alcor floppies.

Are ALCOR and XLT kernels interchangeable? And is XLT or Alcor the
right one for XL300? I have found only one difference in the kernel
source between the two: the initialisation of of the
./arch/alpha/kernel/irq.c
the init of GRU_INT_REQ_BITS
from the definitions os asm-alpha/cia.h:
#define ALCOR_GRU_INT_REQ_BITS          0x800fffffUL
#define XLT_GRU_INT_REQ_BITS            0x80003fffUL

Loic