(re)compiling debian packages with ccc

I'm trying to recompile several packages with Compaq's C Compiler (ccc),
and would like input from the rest of you as to making this as smooth as
possible.  (For those that don't know, ccc generates vastly superior
code on the alpha, and should be the compiler of choice unless it is
known that it can't compile a given package)

I want to be able to:
    apt-get source <package>
    cd <package>
    CC=ccc CFLAGS=-O3 dpkg-buildpackage
for any package in debian.

The main problem I've run into so far is that libtool does not recognize
ccc.  Specifically, it does not recognize that ccc can create shared
libraries.  For packages that use aclocal to generate an aclocal.m4
file, this can be fixed by patching /usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 (patch
attached against debian unstable libtool)  For packages that use
aclocal, aclocal *must* be run to re-generate this file or the changes
won't be seen.  For packages that include an ltconfig file it must be
patched by hand in the same way (look at the patch -- the change is the
same).

Could this be done in an automated way?

Does anyone else have any experience doing this?

Would there be any legal or technical trouble with putting ccc-compiled
packes in the debian repository?

Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of Wisconsin at Madison, Department of Physics]

    "You measure democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the
    freedom it gives its assimilated conformists." -- Abbie Hoffman