Re: ROCm CI for OpenCL packages?

Thanks Jeremy,

On 2024-02-14 09:56, Jeremy Newton wrote:
In theory, you should just install the libamdocl64 package and it will work, but I suspect that it hasn't finished packaging due to priority put on libamdhip64.

Cory, if someone does tackle it, I can help provide feedback if need be. In Fedora, I made a rocclr source package with opencl and hip as binary subpackages. It might be easier to add a opencl subpackage to the hip source package, since they share sources (hip should be a superset)

I just did the update to ROCm 5.7.1 and I found it was very easy to build the ROCm OpenCL implementation. It seems that all we need to do is change -DCLR_BUILD_OCL=OFF to -DCLR_BUILD_OCL=ON in d/rules [1] and assign the resulting binaries to new packages.

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/rocm-hipamd/-/blob/debian/5.7.1-1_exp2/debian/rules?ref_type=tags#L33