Ryzen AI for Linux

Hi folks,

It seems that Ryzen AI is coming to Linux [1]. I'm not very familiar with this new CPU feature, but my understanding is that Ryzen AI is basically is hardware-acceleration for inference using ONNX models. The documentation has more details [2].

I'm not sure if Ryzen AI is mature enough for inclusion in Debian yet, but I'll request a Ryzen 8700G sample to try it out. That hardware can serve a dual purpose as our test platform for both Ryzen AI and for the Radeon 780M APUs (Phoenix; gfx1103).

[1]: https://www.phoronix.com/news/AMD-XDNA-Linux-Driver-Ryzen-AI
[2]: https://ryzenai.docs.amd.com/