Re: RFS: rocminfo/5.7.1-1~exp1 [Team] -- ROCm Application for Reporting System Info

Thanks Christian,

On 2024-01-09 07:36, Christian Kastner wrote:
On 2024-01-09 11:01, Cordell Bloor wrote:
This requires the bugfixes to roct-thunk-interface and rocr-runtime in
my other RFSes.
This suggests that the binary packages should have a versioned Depends:
on the relevant packages, to ensure that the necessary versions are
installed.

I believe this will be handled appropriately via ${shlibs:Depends}.

But is this something tied specifically to the two new versions above?
Or would rocminfo work with the versions currently in unstable, too?

Yes, rocminfo/5.7.1-1~exp1 will FTBFS with libhsakmt-dev 5.7.0-1~exp0 or libhsa-runtime-dev 5.7.1-1~exp1 due to errors and omissions in those packages.

No, rocminfo would not work with the versions currently in unstable, as it requires features added to those libraries in ROCm 5.7.

In the former case, we need a Depends; in the latter case; I'd probably
just forgo it because it would be a "temporary" break only in experimental.

rocminfo doesn't depend on roct-thunk-interface directly; it does so
through rocr-runtime. So one of the Depends might needs to be used here.

I missed updating the B-D versions in rocminfo, but I think that's all that's required. I've now pushed a new version of the package with a correction (and a minor fix for the package description) to salsa / mentors. Please review at your leisure.