Re: ROCm bump to 5.7 - rocm-smi-lib uploaded

Hi all,

Étienne Mollier, on 2023-09-17:
> I begun to have a look at the ROCm SMI library[1].  So far I see
> the rocm_smi64 library now has an SOVERSION 5 upstream and the
> oam library is still at SOVERSION 1. […]

Following discussions that occurred on upstream issue
tracker[1], the situation looks to have eventually settled for a
rollback to soversion 1[2].  Given the current status, it seemed
okay to stick to version 1 for now.  The 5.7.0 is uploaded to
experimental, at last.

The VCS should now be in clean state for further changes, so the
rocm-smi-lib can see it's planned architecture changes as well.

I'm afraid I dropped the ball on the ROCm front in the past few
months, so if there is a component lacking updates in a corner
of the rocm-team repository, don't hesitate to take care of it.
I may continue helping around, but I probably won't drive large
changes in the foreseeable future.

[1]: https://github.com/ROCm/rocm_smi_lib/issues/83
[2]: https://github.com/ROCm/rocm_smi_lib/blob/develop/rocm_smi/CMakeLists.txt#L42

Wishing you a nice day,  :)
--
  .''`.  Étienne Mollier <emollier@debian.org>
 : :' :  pgp: 8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da