Re: hipfft requires rocfft sources

On 2024-01-07 21:47, Cordell Bloor wrote:
> There is a pull request on hipFFT upstream [1] addressing this problem
> by duplicating the 'shared' directory between the two repositories. If
> you have any comments to add, now is the time.
>
> I don't think this is ideal, but it's an improvement and it's simple.
> I'm happy enough with this as the path forward for now.

I also think this is good enough. There might be cleaner solutions, but
they also involve more complexity. It seems preferable to just move
forward now.

Since upstream is keeping this shared directory in sync, this is
distinct from a typical embedded copy and problems related to that.

Best,
Christian