Re: ROCm bump to 5.7 - rocm-smi-lib SOVERSIONs bump

M. Zhou, on 2023-09-17:
> Sorry, I think I had misunderstood the context.
>
> After reviewing the git changes, I realized that the case is not that
> the upstream did not specify a soversion.
>
> My previous suggestion is exactly what I usually do with upstreams
> missing a SOVERSION. But since ROCm upstream has one, we should bump
> it following the upstream, even if it involves the NEW queue process,
> and the upstream ABI is not yet stablized.

Acknowledged, I left a note to do this for the next SOVERSION
bump, which sounds like it might occur at ROCm 6, but this can
be done in the upcoming upload if the SOVERSION delta is a
concern.

Have a nice day,  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <emollier@emlwks999.eu>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da