Re: rocsparse docs and autopkgtests

Hi Christian,

On 6/10/23 23:35, Cordell Bloor wrote:
On 2023-06-10 15:21, Christian Kastner wrote:
The solution is to also create an arch-independent package
librocsparse0-tests-data, and have librocsparse0-tests depend on it.

I would have done so myself but then I wasn't sure if the test data was
SOVER dependent or not. If it is, the install path should be adjusted,
to make different versions co-installable. If it isn't, then the package
name doesn't need the "0", similar to the -dev package. If you let me
know which one it is, I'll adjust accordingly, and upload.
I've kicked the question up to the rocsparse developers and am awaiting a response. I would be surprised if there was any thought put into forward or backward compatibility. My impression is that the data file is viewed as an implementation detail of the test program.

While they are likely to be compatible, there doesn't seem to be a guarantee. I've moved the data into librocsparse0-tests-data.