Re: Installing AMD HIP on Debian

Thank you, it worked! I've wanted to get this to work for a long time and couldn't find any information on how to do it. Now I'm surprised how easy it is!

It worked for me in Blender versions 3.4.1 and 3.5 from blender.org. It seems that I only needed libamdhip64-dev and libamd-comgr-dev. Without that last package when enabling GPU compute, Blender would crash with this error:

KFD does not support xnack mode query.
ROCr must assume xnack is disabled.
Writing: /tmp/blender.crash.txt
Segmentation fault

I was surprised to find that Debian's Blender 3.4.1 also worked! I saw this message in terminal and after that I could render on the GPU:

Compiling HIP kernel ...
hipcc -Wno-parentheses-equality -Wno-unused-value --hipcc-func-supp -O3 -ffast-math --amdgpu-target=gfx1031 -I /usr/share/blender/scripts/addons/cycles/source --genco /usr/share/blender/scripts/addons/cycles/source/kernel/device/hip/kernel.cpp -o "/home/user/.cache/cycles/kernels/cycles_kernel_gfx1031_77944C4F96BD4E71230409B7F1F7F920"
Kernel compilation finished in 104.79s.
Build without OpenImageDenoiser

I had hipcc still installed at that time though. I also had to disable the denoiser in render settings (only in Debian's version).

Thank you for help! I'm glad that I can finally use my GPU in Blender :).