Re: Enabling ROCm on Everything

On 2023-03-21 20:38, M. Zhou wrote:
> If possible, I suggest we stick to only one single binary package that
> supports multiple selected architectures. The pytorch-rocm popcon
> will not likely to be very large to deserve such a special treatment.
> Neither does pytorch-cuda.

Looking at the hype AI currently gets, I wouldn't necessarily say that.
I think there is a lot of potential -- not just for consumers, but for
AI-oriented businesses -- in an OS where things just work out of the box.

For the single binary package TODO list, we'll need to figure out how to
deal with shared libraries exceeding 2 GiB.

Best,
Christian