Re: 5.7 Release Plan / Timeline?

Hi Christian,

On 2023-12-13 00:40, Cordell Bloor wrote:
On 2023-12-12 15:23, Christian Kastner wrote:
For example, rocsparse itself was easy, but
documentation build requires new Sphinx packages.

The (many) Sphinx packages used in the new docs are almost entirely for the theme. I think you could probably apply a patch that restores the conf.py from ROCm 5.5 to build using the vanilla readthedocs theme.

I made that change and uploaded rocsparse 5.7.1 to experimental. The same strategy used for rocsparse could be used for any of the other math libraries that are stuck on 5.5.1 due to the docs.

However, note that rocblas and rocsolver are stuck on 5.5.1 because rocblas incremented its SOVERSION in both ROCm 5.6 and ROCm 6.0 (in addition to breaking source compatibility). For rocblas, rocsolver, hipblas and hipsolver, I recommend skipping from ROCm 5.5 to ROCm 6.0.