Consolidation of upstream ROCm organizations

Hey folks,

I wanted to give you a heads-up that the upstream ROCm project is preparing to consolidate its repositories under a single ROCm GitHub organization [1]. The Debian ROCm Team has a number of packages with upstream sources found within the RadeonOpenCompute [2], ROCm-Developer-Tools [3], and ROCmSoftwarePlatform [4] organizations. In the near future, all of those upstream repositories will be transferred to the ROCm organization. There are also a few repositories within the GPUOpen-ProfessionalCompute-Libraries organization [5] that will be transferred, but none that have been packaged by Debian.

This consolidation is being done for a number of reasons. I won't go into all of them, but one of the objectives of this change is to make it easier for users to navigate the ROCm source code by bringing all the relevant components together in once place. The consolidation also makes it easier to handle certain project management activities, like issue triage; GitHub issues can be moved between repos in an organization, but not between organizations.

I don't expect this to be disruptive. GitHub will provide redirects for the transferred repositories, so the old URLs will continue to function (both in web browsers and in git). I would suggest just updating the URL in each package on its next upload after the transition.

If you have any questions or concerns, I can relay them directly to the organizer for this change. I want to ensure this is a seamless transition for Debian.

[1]: https://github.com/ROCm/
[2]: https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute/
[3]: https://github.com/ROCm-Developer-Tools/
[4]: https://github.com/ROCmSoftwarePlatform/