Re: ROCm libraries: build gtest for each library?

Hi Christian,

On 2023-09-30 09:33, Christian Kastner wrote:
while working on composable_kernel, I stumbled over [1], where the
package maintainer reiterates upstream's suggestion that gtest be
rebuilt before each use. The suggested solution seems relatively
straightforward.

I don't think we've encountered any problems far, but it does seem like
the strictly correct way to go, no?

Thoughts?

I wouldn't worry about it unless we have reason to believe that we're mixing incompatible compilation options. If it becomes a problem, we can deal with it then. At least, that's my opinion.

The Google Test project is C++ and the ROCm libraries are mostly HIP, so not all the compiler flags are going to match anyway.