Re: Preliminary launch of ci.rocm.debian.net

Hi Mo,

On 2023-08-01 17:34, M. Zhou wrote:
I'm thrilled to add pytorch-rocm once I finish the pytorch 2.0
migration. I'll help with the remaining rocm dependencies then.

That would be wonderful. I haven't tried building PyTorch 2.0 myself, but I believe the last big dependency is MIOpen [1]. I started working on that one, but it's a rather tricky package and I would greatly appreciate the help of someone more experienced.

There is also a small missing package: half [2]. It's perhaps a bit surprising that it's not already packaged for Debian. I think when I was trying to work with half-floats in the past, I had to install libopenexr-dev. It will be a small package, but it will be nice to have it available.

The performance of MIOpen might not be very good until CK is packaged. I'm not sure why it has never had a tagged release [3], but I'm told that will change starting with ROCm 5.7.

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/miopen
[2]: https://repology.org/project/half/information
[3]: https://github.com/ROCmSoftwarePlatform/composable_kernel/issues/543