Re: Preliminary launch of ci.rocm.debian.net

On 2023-08-07 01:14, Christian Kastner wrote:
>>   (2) There seems to be a RabbitMQ issue in bookworm; both readers and
>>       writers seem to block occasionally.
>
> I still haven't fully figured this out and it's annoying.

Well, this is embarrassing.

My worker became unreachable after 120s of inactivity, so clearly there
was some network state timeout issue.

I was tweaking everything server side and client side to no avail. Then
it hit me: I had totally forgotten that this particular client was
behind a NAT'ing residential gateway, so of course push messages from
the server won't get through after some point of idling.

rabbitmq-server has a built-in heartbeat, but debci doesn't use it, and
my attempts to activate it led to frequent terminations, for subtle
reasons and/or bugs. In the end, I just used TCP keepalive. All is fine now.