Temporary fork of autopkgtest

On 2023-07-18 18:05, Christian Kastner wrote:
> I'm happy to announce that apt.rocm.debian.net [1] is up and running.
>
> Next steps
> ==========
>
> In the course of this week and perhaps next, I'll be uploading packages
> to this repository that will enable us to finally take our CI live.

> [1] https://apt.rocm.debian.net/

I've forked the autopkgtest repository [2] and uploaded
autopkgtest_5.29+rocm1 to [apt.r.d.n] unstable, which is a fork of
autopkgtest with one patch of mine applied.

The patch enables clean shutdown of VMs after tests (rather than
SIGTERM). Without this, my RX 6800 XT nearly always irrecoverably hangs
in a low-power state after tests finished, requiring a host reboot. I
hope this generalized to other GPUs, too.

Simple on the face of it, but it sure did take me a while to find why
PCI pass-through was flaky. With this patch, it's been rock solid.

(This fork is only temporary, of course. The goal is to merge things
back to their upstreams.)

Best,
Christian

[2] https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/autopkgtest