Re: rocm-device-libs for clang-16?

[Christian Kastner]
>   (2) we just could go ahead without special handling, and add a NEWS
>       file to rocm-device-libs warning users about the use together with
>       clang-15, suggesting they use clang-16 for ROCm work instead.
>       These messages are presented to users in interactive contexts (and
>       also sent by mail to root, if I'm not mistaken)

These messages are only presented to the user upgrading, not all user on
a machine.  It migth also be emailed to root in some or all cases, but
such email might not be read by the users at all.  At least at work the
sysadmin group get hundres of emails every day aimed at the root user,
and for several thousand of the machines the sysadmins do not even know
who the users are.  Adding a Debian NEWS file to the package is thus a
sad alternative to getting it working out of the box.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen