Re: rocfft_5.2.3-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Hi Thorsten,

On 2023-05-23 12:03, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
am I doing my math correct and this package creates more than 7TB of data on the users harddisk?

I'm afraid you got your units mixed up. The librocfft0_5.2.3-1 binary package had an installed size of ~7 GB. It is still an extremely large library, but not quite as ridiculous as 7 TB would be.

Nevertheless, the point is well-taken. There has been significant work upstream on reducing the library size (mostly by depending on run-time compilation). I'll update the package to rocfft 5.5.0-1, which I expect to be ~500 MB when installed.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll let you know when we re-upload.