Re: RFS: rocsparse/5.3.0+dfsg-1 [ITP] -- ROCm library for sparse linear algebra

Hi Cory,

Cordell Bloor, on 2023-01-08:
>  rocsparse (5.3.0+dfsg-1) unstable; urgency=medium
>  .
>    * Initial release. (Closes: #1023078)

Apparently, the last gbp import-orig didn't exclude files
specified in d/copyright, due to the statement not being in the
header paragraph.  Since the statement is now correct, you are
just one gbp import-orig away to fix this problem.  This is a
lintian error, so needs being addressed before upload.

Otherwise, the packaging looks in excellent shape to me.  You
may be interested by the below observations if you are going to
do further changes to the package:

  * d/control:
	minor nitpick: the standards version has been bumped to
	4.6.2 recently, always good to keep the package up to
	date with the latest version, although changes since
	4.6.1 may not be too relevant for rocsparse.

	[1]: https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.html#version-4-6-2

  * d/copyright:
	You might want to attribute yourself the copyright for
	2023 too.  :)

	I'm not entirely sure the mention of the Boost license
	is needed, since clients/benchmarks/program_options.hpp
	seems to be a form of reimplementation, but in doubt I
	suppose it can stay.  Besides, lintian informs us the
	paragraph is unused; this is a machine complaint from a
	machine readability expectation, but this is not a
	blocking problem.

Have a nice day,  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <emollier@emlwks999.eu>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da