Blender crash with packaged ROCm 5.2.3 drivers

Hello,

Please forgive me if this is not the right place to discuss such issues. My name is Jakub and for my work I use FOSS 3D software - Blender [1] for which recently AMD contributed HIP compute backend [2] as part of the official support.

After ROCm 5.2.3 landed in Debian unstable I gave it a try with Blender, and after some initial hurdles with binaries path I encounterred an LLVM error which resulted in a crash. Blender developer said that this is not something they can fix. The entire issue is documented on Blender bugtracker [3] where you can find all the details.

The most relevant part of debug log:

I1102 11:33:38.655006 91168 device.cpp:32] HIPEW initialization succeeded
I1102 11:33:38.655035 91168 device.cpp:34] Found precompiled kernels
mesa: CommandLine Error: Option 'h' registered more than once!
LLVM ERROR: inconsistency in registered CommandLine options
Aborted

I don't know if this can qualify as a bug that should be reported here on debian bugtracker or somewhere else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[1] https://builder.blender.org/download/daily/
[2] https://developer.blender.org/D12578
[3] https://developer.blender.org/T102018

Kind regards,