Re: CMake musings for ROCm 4.5.2 (Was Re: ROCm packaging session memo) (Was Re: ROCm installation)

Hi Maxime,

Today I learned that there is a public pull request on rocPRIM which shows the proposed changes to support the FHS. This is a work-in-progress, and I'm hoping we can trim it down. I'd been reviewing the (internal) rocBLAS version of this PR and trying to suggest ways to simplify. Liam Wrubleski and I will be helping to clean this up so it can be easily extended to the various math libraries. (In fact, he's already started on a PR to consolidate the backwards-compatibility header generation).

We know that the code is a bit ugly, but the big question I have is: does the implemented functionality fulfill Debian's needs?