Re: Network configuration proposal: little summary

Rene writes:
> Now there is question to the maintainers of the pcmcia, isdn and ppp
> related packages: Would you like have the options integrated with the
> network interface configuration ?

I think that ppp has to be at least coordinated.

> It does not have to be in the same file,...

I think it is very important that the administrator's changes to the
standard option files be preserved and respected.  Debian does not need an
/etc/sysconfig.

> Paul Slootman, the maintainer of isdnutils, said already that he wants to
> cooperate with this project.  What do the others think ?

I am the author of pppconfig.  I would like to cooperate as well.

BTW is the current version of your proposal available somewhere?  I missed
the earlier parts of this thread and do not read admintool.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)