An overall administration menu

Everyone:

In order to consolidate all the administration functions, has anyone
considered
some
type of menuing system?  I have recently written a script that will
generate menus
from
an input file. Each Main or Sub menu item can call a program or a
script. If
nothing
is placed on the defined menu line, it'll tell the administrator, "this
function
has not
been implemented yet".  I am an AIX administrator, so I wrote the script
and
created
an input menu file to mimic the menus in smit, the AIX System Management
tool.
The script is written in perl, some work would have to be done in order
to convert
it
to Perl/Tk (to work with Xwindows) and write the scripts for all the
various
functions.
If you are interested, I could submit the script and data file for your
perusal.
Thanks.