Re: dpkg-db

On Sun, Jan 24, 1999 at 02:04:23AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> 			description  - show short description
> 			ldescription - show long description
it'd be cute if these could handle multiple languages ;)

> * templates: a description of variables, can define new variable types using
>   containers.

i'm still not happy with the template concept..

wouldn't a method for iterating over a wildcard match be good enough
for dealing with variable groups?

> On a somewhat related note: I have a friend who is going to do research
> on processing huge amounts of data. For that he needs a database which
> can handle multiple database drivers, and it seems he could use the same
> codebase. I made the whole metavariable-stuff optional in the library,
> so we should be able to make it quite fast (he needs to process
> something like 100 megabyte/sec). I thought this would make a nice
> testbed for high-duty situations :)

not really, since in this database, there is very little need to do
complicated things like walking, searching, etc..

its really just simple queries from (usually) a single source (that
don't have to be particularly fast)..

i too am in the position of administering many debian boxes.. this is
something i've been thinking about hacking out (just for my use) with
an expect script and some pattern matching on questions..

once you need coders - i'm in.

--
 - Gus