hmm. CORBA admintool

I've thought a bit about this now.

I apologise, to everyone that's added a filter to bounce my mail ;). I
should have thought more, sent less garbage on that last mail.

Anyway, a few *short* quips to begin discussion on:

What are the possibilities for doing debian-admintool with CORBA?

this could be achieved by simply splitting dpkg up into two segments: a
library implementing rudimentary tasks, ie

	configure( packagename ), install( packagename ), purge( packagename )

and a client with logic as dpkg is now.

so, dpkg could theoretically operate on any machine in the network -- simply
by instantiating one interface per computer representing its package
management / configuration.

--
..Aaron Van Couwenberghe... ..vanco@sonic.net.. ..aaronv@debian.org....
	Berlin:			http://www.berlin-consortium.org