Re: [N929-038 public] - GNAT Libre_contact/general request - question about the license of documentation in GPL packages

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 12:22:15PM -0400, Romain Berrendonner wrote:
> Generally speaking, the license applicable to components made available
> on the libre site, software and documentation, is documented within the
> corresponding source packages.
>
> It does not mean necessarily that all elements of a given package are
> under the same license: some nesting is possible.
>
> Typically, software works are licensed under the GPL, and documentation
> is licensed under the GFDL, with Invariant sections if the copyright
> notice says so. This is exactly the situation for the ASIS package.

I intend to fill RC bugs against these three packages. The GFDL part
of their documentation must be removed as done for ASIS.
- gtkada (user guide)
- gprbuild (whole documentation)
- gnat-gps (user guide) (and gnatlib/, taking the occasion to reduce the tarball)

Each one will need a freeze unblock.

Does anyone see a better solution?