Re: include Ada Reference Manual info files in ada-mode ELPA package?

Nicolas Boulenguez <nicolas.boulenguez@free.fr> writes:

> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 03:27:41PM -0500, Stephen Leake wrote:
>> I'm preparing the next release of the Emacs ada-mode ELPA package, and
>> I'm wondering whether to include the Ada Reference Manual (ARM) in info
>> format.
>> The ARM is available as a Debian package, so including it in the ELPA
>> package would be redundant for Debian users.
>> Perhaps making the ARM a separate ELPA package would be the right
>> choice.
>> Opinions?
>
> At first view, I would say that an info version of the ARM is
> comparable to gnat or gnatinspect: it makes sense that ada-mode uses
> it if available, but building it from source is far outside the scope
> of Emacs packages.

The ELPA package would include the "binary" info file, not the source.

> Sorry if these questions are naive, but you maintain a separate source
> package building the ARM in the info format, among others.

Right.

> - What would an ELPA packaging of the ARM add?

Convenient installation for Emacs users, independent of other packaging
systems. The ELPA package install includes adding the .info files to the
Emacs info list.

> - Does it make sense to let the same source package build an ELPA
> version too?

It already does; ELPA just needs the .info file.

I've decided to try a separate ELPA package for the ARM info files

--
-- Stephe