Re: gnat-4.9 4.9.0-1 uploaded to unstable

xavier grave wrote:
In the Holy Debian Ada Policy [1] it is stated that
Rule: The project file SHALL have

    a Source_Dirs attribute containing at least
/usr/share/ada/adainclude/LIBRARY.
    a Library_ALI_Dir equal to /usr/lib/ada/adalib/LIBRARY.
a Library_Name attribute equal to the library name of the shared library.
    a Library_Kind attribute equal to ‘dynamic’.
    a Library_Dir attribute equal to /usr/lib.
    an Externally_Built attribute equal to ‘true’.

I'm wondering if the Library_Kind attribute constraint can be changed to : a Library_Kind attribute equal to External ("LIBRARY_KIND", dynamic);

It will allow for static linking for development.

This might be a good idea.  Could you give it a try on libxmlezout and
report back how well it works?  If then we can sanctify a
"clarification" to the Holy Debian Ada Policy :)