Re: gnat-gps dependencies

Thank you, Ludovic.
I had to read Debian documentation first.

Quoting Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org>:

Pavel Zhukov <pavel@zhukoff.net> writes:
Hi all,

I've decided to deploy my webapplication on VPS powered by Debian and
was suprised a little bit because "apt-get install libaws libaws-dev
libaws-bin" installed gnat-gps gnat-gps-doc python-gtk2 etc.

Is it kind of expected for server without X system?

--
Pavel

P.S. I did not use Debian system befote

In your case:

libaws2.10.2-dev requires gnat; gnat recommends gnat-gps; gnat-gps
recommends gnat-gps-doc and python-gtk2 (and requires a lot of
libraries).

Unfortunately, apt-get installs recommended packages by default; I
systematically change this behaviour whenever I install Debian (but I
use aptitude, not apt-get).  You can change the behavior of apt-get in
two ways:

- use apt-get install --no-install-recommends

- create a new file under /etc/apt/apt.conf.d and add the following line
  in it:

APT::Install-Recommends "false";

HTH

Pavel