Re: gtkada and gnat-gps

Nicolas Boulenguez wrote:
Hello.  Because of the migration from gtk2 to gtk3, we have to select
a gtkada version for next release.

The adacore download site provides
- gtkada 3.4.2.
- gps 5.2.1 relying on gtkada 2.24.3.
On their respective VCS
- gnat-gps not-yet-6.1.0 relies on gtkada 2.24.5 or later.
- gtkada not-yet-2.24.4 was replaced with not-yet-3.8.2.
- gtkada 3.8.3 is available but does not seem to compile at all.
- gtkada not-yet-3.8.4 is work in progress.

I think that we should select gtkada 2.24.3.
Any opinion?
Given the significant differences between the GtkAda 2 and 3 series, I would find it ideal, if we had the man-power to include one of each. As it appears that GtkAda 3 isn't quite production-ready yet (my interpretation of GPS still using GtkAda 2), I think we should stick to GtkAda 2. If it should be 24.3 or 24.5 is not something I feel strongly about.

Greetings,

Jacob
--
"The current state of knowledge can be summarised thus:
 In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded."