Re: gnat-4.8 and gps?

Brian Drummond wrote:
Having installed gcc (4.8) and gnat-4.8 no a new laptop, I tried
installing gnat-gps.

Apparently this depends on gnat-4.6 so it helpfully offered to remove
gnat-4.8... I said no, but:

is there a step I was missing that would allow their coexistence?
or is there a false dependency that should be filed as a bug?
or is there a real dependency and I need to wait until it's resolved
while before trying gps again?

Unfortunately no; most Ada packages depend on gnat-4.6 for now as the
transition of all packages to gnat-4.8 has barely started (music123 has
transitioned).

The interim solution is to install gnat-4.6 and gnat-gps and set up a
chroot in which you install gnat-4.8.  Then configure gnat-gps to call
"schroot -- gnatmake" to compile your project.  More details here:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-ada/2010/02/msg00003.html

HTH and merry Christmas!