Re: Advice for upload of more than one architecture

Xavier Grave wrote:
I have successfully produced polyorb 2.8~20110207-2 for both amd64 and powerpc architecture. The buildd system fails to build the powerpc one [1] and it seems that s390 and sparc suffer from the same problem. Can I upload both amd64 and powerpc to solve part of the issue ? Can somebody point me to some Debian policy/documentation that confirm or infirm this
wish ?

Yes, you can.  Here is a recipe:

* build on your primary machine with dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us.

* build on all other machines with dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us -b -B.

* scp all the *.deb and *.changes files onto your primary machine, next
  to the *.dsc file produced in the first build.

* face East, draw a magic pentagram on the floor around your chair and
  invoke the dark powers of:

mergechanges -f ${package}*.changes # (see the manpage for details)

* debsign *.dsc *_multi.changes

* dput *_multi.changes