Re: gcc-gnat sources

Björn Persson writes:
> Ludovic Brenta wrote:
>> The ideal way to resolve this problem is to build gprbuild against
>> libgnatvsn (GNAT Version Library, GPL3 with Library Exception) and
>> libgnatprj (GNAT Project File parser, pure GPL), two libraries that I
>> created for this very purpose.  In Debian, I build these libraries
>> from the GCC sources; the -dev packages place the sources in
>> /usr/share/ada/adainclude/libgnat{vsn,prj} so that other programs can
>> use them.  Gnatmake and GPS are two such programs and gprbuild is a
>> good third candidate.
>
> Have you tried to submit the patch to build those libraries upstream?
> Was it rejected for some reason?

Not submitted yet; for starters, I have yet to sign the copyright
assignment and return it to the FSF.  Also, these patches make libgnat,
libgnatvsn and libgnatprj necessary on the host; this is a major change
compared to the current situation where libgnat is necessary only on the
target (and not all targets at that).