Re: gcc-gnat sources

I'm the gprbuild maintainer for Debian.

"Pavel Zhukov" <pavel@zhukoff.net> writes:

> Currently I'm working on Ada packages from GNAT-2011. But I have some
> troubles with gprbuild.

I'm just getting started compiling gprbuild-gpl-2011-src.tgz (I've got
some other packaging issues to sort out yet).

I don't normally use configure; see the Debian source package.

When I do run configure on Debian testing, it does not complain (and I
don't have SPARK installed; it's not a Debian package (yet)).

When I compile the configured gprbuild, I get an error:

scng.adb:1799:47: "SPARK" is undefined

Apparently SPARK is supposed to be in the All_Restrictions enumeral.

All_Restrictions is declared in package System.Rident, in file
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.6.1/adainclude/s-rident.ads,
installed by the gnat-4.6 package.

> I have to point gcc-gnat sources before configure to avoid this
> (gprbuild README), but gcc-gnat doesn't bring any sources after
> installation.

I don't know what you mean by this.

I don't see any mention of SPARK in the gprbuild README, nor in
configure.

Apparently we need gnat-4.6 to be configured with SPARK support, so
"SPARK" is declared in s-rident.ads

Ludovic; does that make any sense? I have not looked at the gnat-4.6
sources yet.

One fallback for Debian would be to patch the gprbuild sources to not
require SPARK.

But it would be very good to package SPARK for Debian, which would
(presumably) have the same problem.

--
-- Stephe